Sunday, July 1, 2012

Quinoa with Peaches and Pistachios

As you may have noticed from previous posts, I love to cook with quinoa. I'm still living down my comment that it was "my new favorite grain." Someone, who will remain nameless, thought that was a pretty funny statement. The thing is, it still is my favorite grain and I'm pretty sure that I have converted this certain someone into a quinoa fan as well. Quinoa is healthy, filling and you can literally mix it with anything. It has become my go-to for a quick and easy weekday lunch. I loved the below combo and thought it was perfect for this time of year when peaches are at their best.
Quinoa with Peaches and Pistachios

Serves 6
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

1 cup quinoa
2-3 peaches, pitted and diced
1/2 bag arugula or spinach
1/4 c. pistachios, chopped
1/4 c. shallot, thinly sliced
1/4 c. dried cranberries

Dressing:
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, arugula, pistachios, shallot and dried cranberries. Add in the cooked quinoa once it has cooled slightly and toss with the prepared dressing. Serve warm or cold.


No comments: