Sunday, January 20, 2013

Rosemary Sriracha Roast Chicken

I thought I posted the below recipe earlier in the week but apparently I forgot to hit the publish button, oops!
 
It's been one of those days. I can't say it's not partially my fault though. I let 27 second graders eat birthday doughnuts at 9:30am. I paid the consequence the rest of the day. If that wasn't enough, I also had the brilliant idea to do an art project with glitter...

That being said, I am running out of steam this evening. Before I crash on the couch I wanted to share the below recipe. I made this for dinner last week and it was a big hit. The chicken had tons of flavor and I loved that most of the ingredients I already had on hand. The marinade has what seems to me like a strange combination of ingredients but somehow it works. 


Rosemary Sriracha Roast Chicken

Serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes, 1 hour to marinate
Cook Time: 40 minutes

1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp Sriracha
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 chicken thighs (or chicken breasts)


In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, Sriracha, garlic, salt and pepper. Place chicken in a large ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Turn bag over several times to coat chicken. Place the chicken in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least one hour.

Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread any marinade remaining in the bag over the chicken. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Then broil on high for 4 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown.


No comments: