Monday, February 18, 2013

Maple Sesame Salmon

I have posted multiple salmon recipes over the last couple of years but I had to add this recipe for Maple Sesame Salmon. The salmon was absolutely delicious. I was hesitant to broil the salmon, I have burnt numerous things due to broiling, but the salmon turned out perfect. This is hands down going to be my go-to salmon recipe for easy weeknight cooking.

Maple Sesame Salmon
*** adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips blog

2 salmon filets
2 T. olive oil
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 T. sesame oil
2 T. rice vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
sprinkle of crushed red pepper
sprinkle of sesame seeds
salt and pepper

In a small boil, combine the olive oil through crushed red pepper. Place the salmon in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over it. Put the bag in the fridge and let it marinate for at least one hour.

When you are ready to cook the salmon, preheat the broiler. I used the low setting on my broiler. Cover the inside of a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the salmon on the baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and some sesame seeds. Broil the salmon for 10-12 minutes. I turned the broiler up to high for the last 2 minutes and the salmon came out perfectly.


No comments: