Saturday, June 18, 2011

Salmon and Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

I'm back to blogging after a very busy week. Unfortunately I didn't do any blog worthy cooking this past week but I am still catching up from the week before. As you can tell I love to cook, and I love to cook with Brady and my family, but sometimes its really nice to come home to a meal that has been prepared for me. Two weeks ago Brady made us an excellent dinner of salmon and pasta with a roasted red pepper sauce. I can't say anything for the preparation because I wasn't present but I loved the flavor of the sauce and the whole dish felt very healthy and perfect for a light summer dish.


Salmon and Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
** from Allrecipes.com
print recipe

Serves 2
Prep/Cook Time: 40 minutes

2 salmon filets
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup chicken broth
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta

In a small baking dish, arrange the salmon filets. Sprinkle the salmon with lemon juice and then tightly cover with foil. Bake at 450 degrees, about 12 to 14 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a blender, puree red peppers, parmesan, cornstarch, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Add cilantro and chicken broth and blend.

Pour pepper mixture into a skillet. Stir over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to keep warm. 

Cook pasta in boiling water, about 7 minutes. Drain, and return to pan. 

Stir juices from the baked salmon into red pepper sauce. Mix 1 1/2 cups sauce with pasta. Spoon pasta onto plates. Top with fish, and drizzle with remaining sauce.

No comments: