Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Blog Anniversary!

This past Tuesday marked the one year anniversary of A Kitchen on Elm Street. I had planned to make a celebration dinner and bake a fun cake but unfortunately life got in the way. It turned out to be a busy week of job interviews, working, and unfortunately pretty unexciting meals. Since I can't write about some exciting dinner we made, I decided to share our top 5 recipes from the past year. My mom has been asking me to do this for a while now, so here they are in no particular order!

Brady's Top 5 Recipes
Bruschetta with Honey, Ricotta, and Pistachios

My Top 5 Recipes
Sausage and Fig Pizza
African Peanut Soup
Soy Glazed Short Ribs
Chipotle Honey Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Squash
Chicken Pot Pie
** and since it's my blog I am adding in a 6th- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!

Let me just say, making this list was nearly impossible. I have so many favorites plus so many of these recipes make me smile as I think of the story behind them. It's definitely been fun documenting our exciting travels, meals at great Chicago restaurants and all of the time spent cooking in my kitchen on Elm Street!**

** And Brady's kitchen on Clifton, then Sheridan, and now Pine Grove :)

No comments: