Monday, October 10, 2011

Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops with Pears

The below is a great fall pork chop recipe that I came across in this month's Cooking Light magazine. I loved how the blue cheese and pears added to the flavor of the pork. Unfortunately I didn't cook the pork as well as I could have. As I have mentioned in the past, cooking pork can be difficult (at least in my opinion). I like cooking the pork chops on the stove first and then finishing them in the oven but I could have kept mine in the oven a few extra minutes. Our pork was a little on the pink side and had to be reheated. Reheating aside, I really liked the dish and it was incredibly quick to make.


Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops with Pears
** adapted from Cooking Light

Serves 2
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

2 (4 ounce) boneless butterflied pork chops
1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
salt and pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
1 pear, cored and thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stuff 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese into each pork chop pocket. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over both sides of pork. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan and sauté for 4 minutes on each side. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes. Remove pork from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes.

Melt butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pear; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.

No comments: