Friday, April 15, 2011

Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin

I have said this before but I love the convenience of a crock pot. This week I bought a pork tenderloin and planned to roast it for dinner. As I looked through recipes I realized that I wouldn't be home till 8pm and at that point I wasn't going to want to cook dinner. I decided to switch gears and began searching for a good crock pot recipe. I came across this recipe on Paula Deen's website and to my surprise it was actually healthy.  Anything that Paula makes I expect to be full of butter and oil but this dish has vegetables and no butter!! I thought it turned out great and was super simple. I threw everything in the crock pot in the afternoon and by 8pm I had a delicious hot meal!

Picture courtesy of  Paula Deen's website- my picture didn't turn out
Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin
** from www.pauladeen.com
print recipe

Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 hours

1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
2 cups baby carrots
1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves (I used sugar free)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper

Line the bottom of the crock pot with carrots and onions. Season pork with salt and pepper and place on top of the carrots and onions.

In a medium mixing bowl, mix stock, apricot preserves, mustard and thyme. Salt and pepper to taste.

Pour glaze over the pork tenderloin. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, or until tender.

No comments: