Thursday, May 24, 2012

Maple Sesame Salmon

I have been holding off on posting this recipe since Monday because I honestly couldn't think of anything to write. I'll blame my writers block on all of the end of the school year craziness! What I can say, is that this is an incredibly simple way to prepare salmon. I've made Asian glazed salmon recipes in the past but I loved the addition of the maple syrup in this marinade, it adds a little sweetness and browns nicely under the broiler. I served the salmon with a little sauteed boy choy and black rice and it was the perfect healthy weeknight meal.

Maple Sesame Salmon

Serves 2
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes

2 salmon fillets
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
sesame seeds


Preheat the broiler. 

In a small bowl, combine the garlic through Sriracha sauce. Place the salmon in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the salmon. Let sit for 15 minutes.

Line the inside of a small baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the salmon in the pan and pour half of the marinade over the fish. Broil for 5 minutes and then baste with more of the marinade. Broil another 5 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving. 




No comments: