Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rosemary Garlic Pork Chops

The past couple of weeks have seemed busier than normal. I haven't spent as much time in the kitchen as I normally do and I feel like most of meals have been quick one's on the go. I can only do quickie meals for so long though. I miss cooking and I miss actually sitting down and enjoying my dinner. Last week, I made rosemary and garlic coated pork chops for Brady and I. Minimal ingredients and quick preparation sold me on the recipe. These were super simple and full of flavor.While the pork chops are in the oven saute some fresh green beans or asparagus and you've got yourself a perfect healthy weeknight meal in under 20 minutes!


Rosemary Garlic Pork Chops
** adapted from Cooking on the Weekends

Serves 2
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

2 bone-in pork chops
2 T. minced garlic
2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375.

Combine the minced garlic, grated Parmesan, and rosemary in a small bowl.

Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium high heat. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Meanwhile, season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to press some of the garlic coating on to each of the pork chops. When the pan is hot, add the pork chops. Cook for 2 minutes, drizzle a little olive oil on the pork chops, and then flip them over. Press on the remaining garlic coating to the other side of the pork chops and cook for another 2 minutes.

Remove the skillet from the stove and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temp of 145 degrees. Remove the pork chops from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: