Sunday, May 20, 2012

Personal Pan Pizzas with My Favorite Salad

I love to make pizzas for dinner because they are so versatile. You can use any combination of ingredients and it's a great way to use leftovers in the fridge. Brady made the below personal pan pizzas for us a couple of weeks ago. The below recipe is so simple, I shouldn't even call it a recipe, more a suggestion for a great pizza combo!

I have also included a recipe for my absolute favorite salad. Every once in a while, on a crazy busy night, Brady or I will pick up a pizza from Homemade Pizza Company. Their pizza is good but I LOVE their Cabo Salad. I recreated The Cabo salad awhile back and it has become my go-to salad because it goes great with any meal.


Personal Pan Pizzas

2 individual pre-made pizza crusts or homemade
1 chicken breast, cooked and cut into small pieces
pesto, homemade or store bought
feta cheese
cherry tomatoes, chopped
kalamata olives, chopped
red onion, thinly sliced
fresh basil, roughly chopped

Preheat the oven to 350. Spread a little pesto on the pizza crust and top with a handful of chicken, some tomatoes, olives, and sliced red onion. Top with a sprinkle of feta cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes (or according to the directions on the pizza dough). Remove from the oven and top with chopped basil.


My Favorite Salad (aka, Cabo Salad from Homemade Pizza Company)

For the Salad: 
1 bag spring mix lettuce
1 avocado, sliced
a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 corn tortillas, thinly sliced
sprinkle of cumin

Honey-Lime Salad Dressing:
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.

No comments: