Monday, March 21, 2011

Asian Chicken Salad

I love Corner Bakery's Asian Wanton Salad. I have been wanting to recreate it for a while now but just haven't gotten around to it. Now that I am done with student teaching and have a little more time on my hands I decided it would be a good week to make my own version of the salad. I didn't have a recipe, I just went off the ingredients listed on Corner Bakery's website and tweaked it to suit my taste.  Normally I would make my own dressing but I found a light dressing on sale that sounded good and went with that for convenience sake. I thought the salad turned out great plus it was incredibly easy to throw together and made a ton so I will be able to eat it for lunch all week.


Asian Chicken Salad
print recipe

Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes

rotisserie chicken, meat removed from the bone and cut into strips
8 oz. mixed greens
1 head of napa cabbage, chopped
1 red pepper, cut into small strips
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup shelled edamame
1 cup cherry tomatoes (I omitted this)
1 cup chopped cucumber (I omitted this)
Kens Light Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy dressing
crispy rice noodles for garnish

In a large bowl combine chicken through cucumber. Drizzle with Kens Light salad dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with crispy rice noodles.

No comments: