Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Asian Potsticker Soup

This past weekend Brady's family was in town. We had a great weekend. We went to Table 52 and it was honestly just as amazing the second time around. Their food is so great and the restaurant is beautiful. We also went to De Cero, a Mexican restaurant in the West Loop that has fun a la carte taco's and great margarita's. To top off the weekend we went to the David Gray concert at the Chicago Theater- it was AMAZING and a dream come true for me. I loved every minute of it.

The downside to the weekend was my wallet was stolen (big sob). Cash, gift cards, credit cards, the nice wallet I got for Christmas, all gone. Very depressing and a huge pain to deal with. I am not sure who stole it, probably the guy that kept bumping into me at the bar, but I really hope he had fun wracking up $200 at 7 Eleven and is enjoying my new Coach wallet.

After the busy weekend and the upsetting wallet situation I decided I needed something nourishing and warm for dinner this week. I found a recipe for Asian Potsticker Soup in Brady's Trader Joe's Cookbook (it's still at my place so I figure why not use it). I had all of the ingredients so no grocery shopping this week. I thought it was really good. Super simple and perfect for a night when you want to throw everything in a pot, let it simmer for a few minutes and have a nice warm and comforting meal.

Asian Potsticker Soup
** from The I Heart Trader Joe's Cookbook
print recipe

Serves 4
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 T. rice vinegar
1 T. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 (16 oz) package frozen chicken or vegetable potstickers (about 12)
1 (20 oz) bag stir-fry vegetables
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons sesame oil
dash of crushed red pepper flakes

In a medium saucepan, combine broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Add the potstickers and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes. Add stir-fry vegetables and simmer until vegetables are tender and potstickers are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Garnish with green onions and a drizzle of sesame oil. Sprinkle a few crushed red pepper flakes on top.

No comments: