Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mahi-mahi with Spicy Citrus Salsa

I am trying to use up the huge bag of frozen mahi-mahi that I bought months ago at Costco. I really like mahi-mahi and it's easy to prepare but I have gotten a little tired of the usual ways that I prepare it. I recently came across a recipe for mahi-mahi on foodgawker that sounded perfect for the onset of spring, combining fresh produce and grilled mahi-mahi. I thought it turned out great, it was light but the citrus salsa really added a kick to the mild fish.



Mahi-mahi with Spicy Citrus Salsa

** adapted from Indonesia Eats
print recipe

Serves 2
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

1 grapefruit
1 orange
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup avocado, diced
2 tsp jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
2 tsp lime juice
1 T. chopped cilantro
2 mahi-mahi fillets

Cut the grapefruit in half, cut between the membranes to remove the segments. Add the grapefruit to a bowl. Peel the orange, cut each orange segment in half and add to the bowl. Next combine the avocado, jalapeno pepper, lime juice and cilantro in the bowl and stir to combine. Cover until ready to use.

Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Spray the pan with PAM and then cook the fish for about 5 minutes on each side or until flaky. Serve the fish over a large spoonful of the citrus salsa.

No comments: